Wednesday Dinner.

By whattheharry - 12:45 PM







Wednesday night I took us to a river front park for a picnic.  I brought the boys bathing suits, towels and our beach blanket.  I figured what else do we have to lose on this hot and steamy and humid and sticky night?  It was exactly what we needed.  

They jumped right in the water, rocky bottom and all.  They swam for a good hour and a half straight.  I worry about the virus and what is in the water.  We came home, took showers and I ordered river tubes and water shoes for the boys.  I am super excited for the next time we can go....and use our big boy toys.  Ha.  

Today I saw on the front page of the Naperville Sun just how popular this little get away is.  Bummer.  I hate when things I love get over-populated, it causes anxiety in me because these are nature's grounds and with the popularity comes erosion and disrespect.  Not everyone loves nature like we do.  Not everyone will pick up after themselves to protect the wildlife.  

We are planning to go again tonight, fingers crossed its just us!  

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments