July Yarn Along

By whattheharry - 6:23 AM



Its July already.  So fast, this year is going.  We've been still staying at home, for the most part.  We've been still social distancing, for the most part.  We are still healthy, yes!! As the cases increase by day in other regions of the US, I say a prayer of gratitude that we are safe.  And a prayer of health for all those who are sick.  

I have been surprising myself with the amount of knitting and reading I am accomplishing.  Well, not really, these are the two things I love.  And with our schedules not so busy right now, I am glad I am filling the time with these.  

My cousin is having her second baby, a girl.  I decided to challenge myself to a new pattern, Rio Dress. It is an easy pattern for the most part, but the waist band and increases were a challenge for me.  I am still pretty much a novice knitter.  But I did it, not without a 1000 mistakes and even some that can be seen, but oh well.  Its handmade.  =) 

I picked up this book on a business trip last December.  Started to read it, then put it down.  Picked it up again, put it down again.  So now that I am on this listen-to-stories-while-knitting kick, I found it on my Libby app, and voila!  I am 'reading' it again.  Its your typical chick-lit, summer read.  Perfect for July.  

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The Rio dress looks very pretty and that colour is gorgeous. Always good to have some escapist reading on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to get more knitting done now that the landscaper guys are finished in my yard. I've been reading much much more with this shutdown.

    ReplyDelete