Checking In.

By whattheharry - 12:22 PM

**taken Memorial Day weekend, starting our summer with a walk in our new wagon.

We are in the midst of our ‘Summer: Unplugged.’ And we are loving it.  This past weekend we did not turn the TV on once.  In just the few short weeks we’ve done so much.  We went on a train ride, to the park, did a cancer survivor walk in the big city, signed up for the library’s summer reading program, pulled out the new sprinkler, went to the splash pad, played in the yard and I am sure we’ve done some more. 

This decision I had made to reduce our electronic consumption in our lives feels great.  I see that we are not so sluggish getting moving in the mornings, there aren’t any arguments with Max to do things and certainly its validated the fact that there is way too much electronic consumption in our lives.  I don’t think we would have done the things we’ve done had we stopped to watch a movie, have lazy mornings watching cartoons or used the TV as a baby sitter while I cook dinner. 

To think we would have missed out on all that fun.  To think I would have missed out on Max’s recap of the splash pad last night as I put him to bed.  (I love our little chats then.)  This, living life, is much more fun than trying to keep up with all things electronic.   Who knows, this could be a permanent change.  We shall see...

Hope you are enjoying your summer!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great points about reducing electonic consumption. I need to work on that too.
    And I absolutely love this pic. Glad you all are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete