Road Trip

By whattheharry - 12:53 PM

Its summer, and summer usually means somewhere in there a road trip.  And that is exactly what we did.  We hit the road on a Thursday afternoon, stopped about 3 hours into our trip and visited the University of Notre Dame campus, then I let the boys jump from bed to bed at the hotel.  Friday morning we got up and headed to our weekend stay, Coldwater Lake Michigan.

Boys did well in the car without videos to watch and construction traffic to suffer through.  I was going to be spontaneous and continue on the road but they wanted to swim in the hotel pool, and for my sanity, it was best to honor that request.  






I knew a long time ago I preferred woods over beach.  However, come summertime, and having spend a good part of my childhood on a beach, it calls me back.  And I happily go back.  I am glad to see my boys have that same pull and happiness when they are in the sand and water.  Because that is all they did from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning.  In,out, up, down, jump, jump, splash, jump.  I heard zero complaints.  







Uncle Andrew brought his boat and we headed out Saturday afternoon.  It couldnt have been a more perfect day for boating, redeeming a previous experience for Andrew + family, and giving my boys a positive experience.  Both of them tried tubing without any hesitation.  You could tell Max was a bit scared, but he was so brave and did it and smiled.  Theo, the minute the boat started pulling the tube the biggest smile came across his face.  I am just so proud of my boys for being open and brave and trying new things, even if its terribly scary.  






Right before we left we corralled the cats for five seconds to snap this.  Not the best but perfect.  An awesome road trip, indeed. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments