Nine Months.

By whattheharry - 1:57 PM

IMG_1234


Dear Max,


You are well into your ninth month now, and when I say so much has changed, I literally mean you went from a stationary content baby to a on-the-move-HAPPY-crawler in just a few short weeks.  I look at you lately and wonder where the itty bitty snuggly baby went.  I feel nostalgic for those days nine short months ago.  But then I look at you again and can feel nothing but excitement for you to be accomplishing major milestones.  Go Max!


You started crawling on January 15th, a Saturday afternoon.  Completely took me by surprise, you just got up and went.  Like you had been doing it for months. 


You are now pulling yourself up to a standing position every chance you can get.  Your Uncle Andrew came over to lower the mattress in the crib after finding you standing at 2:30 in the morning.  You are still working on figuring out how to get back to a sitting position from standing. 


You are starting to eat more solid foods, slowly moving away from baby food.  You'll eat yogurt, scrambled eggs, ritz crackers, pasta shells, banana.  If I give you some of my dinner while feeding you, you will not finish the baby food, you just want to eat what I am eating. 


Our bedtime routine is changing.  We no longer snuggle until you fall asleep.  We've been working on putting you in the crib after a few minutes in the rocking chair.  You dont particularly like this.  We've also moved to the floor for changing into your pyjama's.  You have expressed your desire to crawl around in your birthday suit. 


The seperation anxiety had started to appear around seven months, but now it seems to be prominent, especially with those you dont know. 


You love your school teachers.  Just the other morning when I dropped you off, you saw your teacher, Miss Brandy, and you crawled straight for her. 


You experienced your first blizzard.  When I was finally able to dig ourselves out of the snow sinkhole, I brought you outside to take your picture.  You really had no interest in the snow. 


You can basically feed yourself now.  If I put food on your high chair tray, you know how to pick it up with your finger and thumb. 


When you want my attention or want me to pick you up, you'll crawl over to me and head butt my legs.  Its quite cute. 


I am not a big fan of this sleep training thing, or our changing bedtime routine, and it kills me to hear you cry like you do.  I just want to go into the room and scoop you up and snuggle with you.  You are growing up and the snuggle time is almost over.  I will cherish that precious time we had.  However, I love the look on your face when you see me when I come to get you out of the crib.  You squeal and smile from ear to ear.  My heart surely does the same each time I see you. 


I love you Max.


Love, Mom



Nine Months. from Melissa Mensavage on Vimeo.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Nine months



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments