Blizzard 2011.

By whattheharry - 12:31 PM

Some pictures from today, 24 hours after the start of the worst winter storm I've seen as an adult.


IMG_1197*backyard; fence is completely covered under a four foot snow drift.


IMG_1198*view out the front window; snow drift.


IMG_1199*front porch; snow drift is taller than me (5 ft, 3 in). if you notice the cars, it looks as if they are sinking.


IMG_1203*just opened the garage door;


IMG_1204*looking around the corner to the front yard, and walk;


IMG_1205*three hours later, entire front yard is under five feet of snow. 


IMG_1206*while shoveling I recalled the snowstorms of my youth and the excitement I felt for playing in the snow.  


IMG_1212*baby's first blizzard. 


IMG_1217*as you can see, he's overcome with excitement. (or its the velcro on the hood thats bothering him!)


IMG_1218*he started to become interested.


IMG_1221*still not sure what to think, but did express he was done with this exercise of amusing mom.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yup...looks like at our house! ;)
    It was a fun day off...thank goodness I didn't have to shovel/plow!! You are a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's a lot of snow! I definitely sympathize. Snow drifts that are taller then we are, are not acceptable.
    Love Max's expression in these pics---classic :)

    ReplyDelete