December 2011.

By whattheharry - 1:50 PM

December is right around the corner, and this is usually when Ali Edwards completes her December Daily project.  Its a scrapbook to capture the holiday season.  It forces one to be in the moment, enjoy the magic of the season. 


I've tried to do it previously, but I get way too caught up in the details. 


Today, as I was surfing, I found this journal.  The simplicity of this journal is what attracted me to it.  Its made me think I can actually capture the season. 


In keeping with my 'recycle' program in the house (you know the one where I use what I have), I will not purchase new, but create this journal from the mounds of scrapbooking supplies I already own. 


Im kind of excited to do this.  I think I will take the Project Life approach and just capture what we do each day - whether its drive by decorated houses, check out the lighting parade, seeing Santa, or just going for Peppermint Hot Chocolates at Starbucks. 


I have decided to dedicate an area of the house I am in the most for the construction site.  This area of the kitchen counter is normally covered in items that need to be put away or find a home.  (well i did that for those that were there prior to this picture!) I think since this is usually where I put the mail and any receipts, this will force me to just quickly document the events and insert any items. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments