spring break 2016

By whattheharry - 9:55 AM














Spring Break 2016.  We took off for Denver, to spend time with Sharon and her family.  We hiked and saw all sorts of deer (my spirit animal).  We played with the cousins.  We ate good food cooked by Sharon and went out for some treats.  Aunt Sharon read a favorite book, Ten Minutes till Bedtime. 

Then it was the big fun.  Tubing.  Our first time.  Down a real mountain.  In the Colorado Rockies.  I was a nervous wreck.  Max went down with Sharon the first time and then he was good all by himself.  Didnt want to ride with Mom.  Theo and I stuck together, he was still too small to be by himself.  We loved it.  Loved the experience. Loved the company.  Loved the view. 

As we left the Winter Park Resort, I found Theo running a fever.  Thankfully we were on our way home to Sharon's house, and the next day on our way home to Chicago. 

I came back clear-headed, relaxed.  We were never Spring Break-ers growing up, but that is something I definitely want to change for the boys and I.  And so we shall ... Life.  Its a wonderful thing. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments