Boys

By whattheharry - 10:51 AM

When I was pregnant with Max, and about to find out what I was having - boy or girl - I can honestly say I didnt care either way, because it was my first, and I had waited so long and worked so hard for them.  So when the ultrasound tech said it was a boy, clear as day, I didnt know what to do with that information.  I smiled of course.  And was more than happy, because so far everything was perfect.

Little did I know what God was giving me.  A challenge this is not.  Life altering, maybe.  Especially when the ultrasound tech told me my second pregnancy was also a boy.

And so as our story unfolds as a family of boys, I learn each and every day the stark contrasts these two creatures are from girls, and from each other (so one parenting technique does not apply to all, bummer).  I also learn how similar they are and how much they are truly my children.

For example, my love for butter.  Theo.
My love for reading, Max.
My love for arts and creativity, Theo.
My love for nature and science, Max.

For those who arent familiar with life with boys, take a look.

The monsters, climb.


They ride bikes without helmets and shoes.


They set up dinner in the garage.


They talk Minecraft with cousins.


They wander off at IKEA, only to be found here, like this.


They squirt water at each other.


They are found suspiciously hanging out by the mailbox.


And they know exactly when to not pose for Mom.


When not monsters, they are sweet sweet boys.  For now, the monsters are around for a while.  And honestly, I wouldnt have it any other way.

I was meant to be a mom to boys.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments