Summer Bucket List.

By whattheharry - 8:22 AM

I have a list of things in my head of what I want to do this summer.  I had hopes of doing it together with someone else and family, but it didnt work out.  We were a little sad, but we didnt let that stop us.

One weekend, after Max's tonsillectomy, we headed to explore our own city, Chicago.  It might have been too soon after the surgery, but I think it was needed.

Boys and I took the train from downtown Naperville to Union Station and then boarded a water taxi.  Took the taxi to Michigan Avenue.  It was a great little ride.  The boys got to see and absorb city life, the river and all the buildings.  Both of them were rather quiet during the ride as they were just taking it all in.

We found our way to Stan's Donuts.  Good choice.  A couple of frosted sprinkled old fashioneds and a lemon pistachio.  We were happy.

We headed back home making the return trip on the boat and train as Max was done.

SO glad we went.  It was exactly what we needed.







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments