Dirt Oval 66 Scout Day

By whattheharry - 10:09 AM


 








One of the best things we did this summer, Scout Day at the Dirt Oval 66 Demolition Derby.  The racetrack put together a day of events for the scouts.  Time spent in 'Automotive Class', a obstacle course using various barrels, tires and other items from the derby, and then painting a derby car.

I really enjoyed the time there with our pack and the other parents.  Our boys get along great.  Before the start of the derby, the boys were able to do meet and greets with the drivers.

Its probably good to mention, this was also one of the hottest days and we all had a wicked case of the Hot Bitchies.  I was not the best version of myself or best mother.  Poor fellas.  But, regardless they boys had fun and that is all that matters. 

(tony was with us this day and like i said the Hot Bitchies took over my body, and instead of working with me, he became defensive.  he spent a lot of time on his phone and when i needed him to look for theo he stood still in a place (per my instruction) but didnt look for theo, just stood there and texted his friends.  when i called him out on it, his exact rebuttal: 'how dare you speak to me that way. who do you think you are'  that didnt settle well with me.  i spoke very little to him for the remainder of the evening.  all i asked was for help me look for my child, someone who you say you care for.  i believe it was that night as i drove home i was slowly seeing the future of us diminish.)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments