Earth Day 2020.

By whattheharry - 7:06 AM




Earth Day 2020.

I never really celebrate Earth Day unless its something required by the boys school, an activity or something.  I think the last time we did something Earth Day related Theo was in pre-Kindergarten.  We made a dinosaur using recycled materials.  Or I made the dinosaur at my work desk and brought to his class.  Ha.

So this year, being home with the quarantine, and dying to do something creative and non-screen related, I Pinterest ideas.  Suncatchers, made from products at home or 'recycled' or 'recyclable' products. 

I should have looked around the house more closely for the materials to really incorporate the recycled approach to this project.  But oh well....

We colored clear plastic cups with permanent marker.  We placed them on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper, baked for about eight minutes at 350 degrees.  We sat in front of the oven to watch them melt to these discs.  Boys went outside to find sticks, and then cut some to size.  I attached them and hung each catcher we made in our rooms. 

Best part of this project?  Spending quiet time with the boys at the kitchen table coloring, and letting the boys use the tools and their creativity to get all the pieces we needed.  I want to remember this. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments