Happy Valentine's Day.

By whattheharry - 8:43 AM

Heart 
**photo by Anglina, from Flickr.  


Its Valentine's Day weekend.  There are plans for couples everywhere to do things to celebrate their love.  Some stay home and just chill together.  Some go out to dinner.


I spoke to a friend today about their plans, and they are a couple that will stay home and spend time together.  Her exact words were, 'Why do I want to go out with a group of friends to celebrate Valentine's day with my husband?'. She makes a very good point. Why the expensive dinner, the cards, the gifts, on one day of the year to celebrate love?


Not being in love at the current time, Valentine's Day is just another day of the year.  I have no desire to do anything other than a thing or two from my 'favorite things' list.  I might take myself to Starbucks, get a nice gourmet coffee and read for an hour or two.


To all my friends who are going out for dinner, I hope its an enjoyable one.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments