Quiet week.

By whattheharry - 1:17 AM

I guess spending time painting the trim and doors in the nursery, working late and visiting a friend in the hospital, kept me away from posting.  Though these items were ordinary 'life' things, they are still a part of my life. 


Though I did do one thing.  I voted in the Illinois state election primary.  Big year for Illinois, since after our previous governor ruined Illinois.  He who is now appearing on The Celebrity Apprentice.  Moron.  My conversation at the polling place went something like this:


Election Judge: Republican or Democrat?


Me: Neither, I just want to vote for the library referendum.


Election Judge: Ok, great, here you are (hands me the ballot)


(Scanning the ballot I see only one question, to approve or not approve the new revised library referendum.)
Me: Is this it?  Just this one question?


Election Judge: Yes


Me: Ok! This is going to be easy! Quick!


Literally I filled in the Yes circle, and went to the ballot machine.  My vote was added to the already 159 votes.  I walked away in under 3 minutes!


And on Wednesday I found out the referendum passed.  This will give my local library the chance to remain open, in fact restore to normal operating hours (they were reduced by half early in 2009), and they'll even get the renovations needed for their facility.  YAY!  The one time where my vote really counted! 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments