I got nothing.

By whattheharry - 2:00 PM

Its been a slow couple of weeks here.  I dont have too much to say or report.  I just read a fellow bloggers blog tonight and I havent read her blog in a couple of weeks.  She had posted that she didnt have too much to say either as of late.  So I guess its not just me. 


I do know that there will be some changes coming up soon.  I'll be traveling to Hungary for work next week.  I will be gone from Max for 10 days.  TEN DAYS!!  I cried with the travel invoice had shown up on my desk at work.  (I can do it.  I can do it.  I can do it.)


Another fellow single-mom blogger tagged in me in a questionaire.  I feel so bad for not having gotten to this sooner.  Though I am finding, rather quickly, that my time on the computer, reading, watching tv, has shrunk to 3 minute intervals.  When I log on, I have three minutes to surf, read the important stuff before I have to pull Max off the stairs.  Or remove him from the bathroom, and replace the toilet paper roll, and throw away the entire roll of paper that is on the floor. 


Tonight after putting him to bed, making bottles and lunches and picking up, I found I had a few minutes of free time.  Here's for you Hopeful Single Momma! 


1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
I do not have any pets, though I grew up with dogs.  I just never connected with them, though I think they are cute and fun. 



2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be? 
I’ve experienced this already when Max was born.  If I am lucky enough to have another dream come true … it would be another child.  And if I am even more lucky, meeting the guy. 



3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Pay off bills for me, save for college for Max and sibling.  Take a vacation.  Buy a new house … do the same for the family. 


 
4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Max’s smile and hugs.



5. What is your bedtime routine?
Put Max to bed, make lunches, bottles, arrange outfits for the next day, wash my face, brush teeth, moisturize, climb into bed, open book, read one sentence ….   


 
6. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your significant other? If you aren’t, what have you tried in the past few years to meet someone?
Oh god … the line from Sex and the City, where Charlottte exclaims, ‘Ive been dating since I was 15, where is he?’…just sums me up rather nicely.



7. What kind of books do you read?
Mostly chick-lit, memoirs, light-hearted stories … life is already a drag sometimes, I don’t want to read about it when I am trying to escape. 


 
8. How do you see yourself in 10 years?
Healthy, happy, and living the dream. (ditto)


 
9. What’s your fear?
Running out of time to achieve all my life dreams.    



10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
No, I am good with staying here on earth. 



11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Remember what day it is…


12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be? Or, if you’re single - if you could choose a significant other who looked like anyone in the world, who would it be?
Paul Rudd.   


13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
In high school French I went with Babette for my French name … no one else in the class had chosen it.  I love it still to this day. 


 
14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
Sun…I love the feel of it beaming into my house, on my skin, and the cheeriness it brings to the everyday.   


 
15. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
Healthy: Yogurt with homemade peanut butter/flax granola with spiced chai tea latte.  Not Healthy: Crunchy Cheetos with Coke.


16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
It’s a medium that I found the easiest and fits very well into my life for journaling my life and life with Max.  Plus it allows me to connect with others that I normally would not have had an opportunity to do so. 


 
17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
Sweet … though sometimes the craving for salty comes on like I am detoxing. 


 
18. What items are in your purse right now?
(hopeful says she has 3 lipglosses….) one small make-up case with 5 lipsticks/glosses/stains,etc.  Wallet, sunglasses, phone, camera, coffee cozy. 


 
19. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go? 
Beach.  Feels like home when I am there.



20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn’t?
QVC… I know.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. oooo....now I want a small make-up case for all my lipglosses and lipsticks!
    and my favorite line from SATC has always been "I've been dating since I was 15...!" It just sums it up so well.

    ReplyDelete