Amazement.

By whattheharry - 12:13 PM


a·maze·ment  (-mzmnt)
n.
1. A state of extreme surprise or wonder; astonishment.
2. Obsolete Bewilderment; perplexity.
 
It seems as of late I am in a constant state of amazement.  Watching, experiencing, enjoying both Max and Theo.  Each day they do something new that simply amazes me.  Each day they are becoming more independent.  Each day they are becoming more of themselves.  Each day they are expanding their brains and demonstrating what they learn.  I honestly cant get enough of it.
 
Today, the boys are at school because The Wretched Stomach Bug of 2012 has made its way to Grandma and Ginga.  So I went down at lunch to check on them.  Theo was on the floor with the play mat swinging his arms, kicking his legs, talking, laughing, happy. 

Max was finishing up lunch.  When I peeked in the room all the kids were topless.  I was all, 'WHAT??', then I looked at the lunch menu.  Pasta.  Ok, smart move teachers! 
 
But it was SO cute to see all of them topless.  Then they were instructed to go get their shirts and bring them to the teacher.  I watched Max walk to his cot, pick up his shirt and start heading towards the teacher all the while talking with his friend, nearby cot-mate. 

What amazes me about this event.  Max knows what to do.  Max knows he has to take his shirt off for pasta day.  Max knows that his shirt has to be on his cot during lunch.  Max knows that he has to get his shirt after lunch and bring it to the teacher. 
 
And he's two. 
 
Amazing.
 
Simply amazing. 
 
I love this kid. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. AMAZING picture. And quite fitting for the post :)

    I can't believe how big the boys are getting. when did this happen?? And I love how smart they are! not surprised, of course...

    So happy for you, Melissa. Your posts always put a smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete