Make Christmas Count.

By whattheharry - 9:54 PM

The horrific events at Sandy Hook Elementary last week has really shaken me.  I am constantly thinking about those kids.  I am finding I am hugging Max more throughout the day.  Today I went to daycare three times, where I usually just go once, to see Theo.  I piled everyone in the rocker tonight and we hung out just a bit longer than usual. 

Those families have all my prayers this holiday season.  There is nothing I have or will do that is as important as spending time with my boys and praying for those affected. 

I've been avoiding the laundry, dishes, lunches and bottles tonight.  Christmas is crippling me - just with all the things that I need to do, what I want to do with Max and Theo.  I want to make it special for them. 

I read about this little girl tonight and broke down.  Look at her innocent face. 


I literally just want to bring her home.  Yes, Yana has Downs Syndrome.  Yes, it would be an tremendous amount of work and would probably kill me financially.  I just cannot fathom the care she is receiving if its true about the orphanges. 

Jeannett at Life Rearranged is raising money to assist Yana's forever family.  If you can find it in your heart this season, can you join me in donating to Jeannett's cause?  It wont be me bringing her home, but I want to do what I can to make sure she does get a chance to be with people who will love her, care for her, make her smile, laugh, and make Christmas special for her.   

life rearranged

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments