Cinnamon Bread.

By whattheharry - 7:29 AM

Outside of the fact that I love baking, I have been focused on not putting so many artificial ingredients in our bodies lately.  So I was flipping through some fundraising cookbooks I have in the house the other night and came across a recipe for cinnamon bread.  The recipe was complicated and required a lot of effort, and then I had a thought.  How could I simplify this like those box mixes?? 

Well, Voila!  My adaptation of this recipe worked.  Look at that yummy bread.  (ok, really its a cake, but its still good!!)

Cinnamon Bread
1/4 c oil
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 c buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt

1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 c sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease bread pan.
Mix all bread ingredients together (i used my electric mixer and mixed on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes).
Pour half batter into bread pan.
Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and pour half over batter in bread pan.
Pour remaining batter over the top.
Pour the remaining cinnamon and sugar last.
Take knife and gently swirl batter.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.

Enjoy!

ps - to make the buttermilk, i simply use 1 tbsp white vinegar and about a cup of milk.  let sit for 5 minutes. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments