Easter Nests.

By whattheharry - 7:56 PM

It seems that every holiday sneaks up on me and I am finding myself scrambling last minute to make sure we do the typical festivities.  For example, I totally screwed up and we never really got to see Santa.  Grandma and Ginga did take the boys to see Santa while I was at work, and by the time they went, I didnt care I wasnt there but in reality, I wanted to be there. 

Anyway, since I never thought to buy an egg coloring kit to you know, color eggs for the holiday, I found a recipe for Easter Nests.  You know the chow mein noodles and such??  This is a version of it.  I think they look nice, they taste okay, but I am not sure this is the best recipe. 

Either way, Max had fun putting the eggs in the nests.  He did awesome, I told him two big eggs and two small eggs.  Look at his master piece!

I love that he rolled up his sleeves to get to work.  I love him. 

Here's the recipe in case you want to give it a try.  I did do a taste test of the nests, and really they arent all that bad.  The only trouble I had was with the shaping of the nests, I had to chill the mixture for a good 30 minutes prior to, and because of the marshmallow creme my fingers got sticky rather quickly.  I just washed my hands several times, but I am sure you could use powder sugar.  Enjoy!

Easter Nests
yeilds approximately 1 dozen small nests

1 7oz jar marshmallow creme
1/4 c creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1 6 oz bag of chow mein noodles
M+M's*

*you could very well use raisins, nuts, peanuts, etc.
mix marshmallow, peanut butter and butter until smooth.  Add chow mein noodles.  Chill.  On waxed or parchement paper, form mixture into nests.  Add toppings, chill again for 30 minutes. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I was a total throw-it-together-at-the-last-second for Easter this year. Usually I get excited about the holidays, but it was just so early that I kind of got caught off guard. Your nests are awesome!

    ReplyDelete