It's a cool thing to be the responsible adult.

By whattheharry - 1:12 AM

Especially when we are doing something fun.  Remember this post? The one where I mentioned I was asked to be the responsible adult?  Well that event I had to be said responsible adult was last night.  My 17 year old niece, her friend and I went to see the Plain White T's.   Awesome time!  Whoa, totally not expected.  


This event was at the Metro in Chicago, a place that is usually a punk, punk alternative, alternative music venue.  So I was a bit surprised they hosted an all ages show.  The staff at the Metro are usually dark, gothic and like their tattoos.  I cant imagine what they were thinking when they opened their doors to tweens, teens and any one else under the age of 21.  I have do give them credit, they seemed okay with it. 


It was a great show from the 'parents' section.  I met another cool aunt there with her 16 year old niece.  Like this other cool aunt, I sat back while the young ones stood close to the stage.  She, Nancy, and I both agreed that we thought we were going to be the oldest people there...much to our surprise there were older.  And they were hanging with us in the 'parents' section.  I like the 'parents' section, there is room, it doesnt seem to be as loud and there is always an open spot at the bar.  ;o)  (was wondering when you people were going to catch on...said parents section was the bar! Of course there would be room at the bar at an all ages show!)


And the Plain White T's do put on an awesome live show.  They sound great live, and they interact with the kids.   I can put this concert in the top ten I've been to.


IMG_6289 


IMG_6294 


IMG_6298 


IMG_6305 


IMG_6309 


I am very thankful Sara asked me to do this with/for her.  I am glad I was there for her.  This will be a memory she has forever.  This is a memory I will have forever.  Thank you Sara! 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments