I made it myself.

By whattheharry - 1:02 PM

Many years ago, when I was a kid, I learned how to sew.  My mother taught me how, we made a pair of shorts as my first project.  Ever since then I've always sewed, but would take years long sabbaticals from sewing because I would get bored with the process. 


Today, I dusted off the sewing machine (a gift from my mother) and put together a skirt.  My first sewing project in years.  I cant say how many exactly, but its a good five or six years.  At least.


I am pleased with the finished product.  I have a few design elements (ie, errors) that I am not too upset about.  In the past if I made a mistake I would get frustrated and quit the project.  Today, none of that happened.  I found the whole exercise of cutting out the fabric, sewing together the pieces, ironing and finally trying on the finished product very therapeutic.  I am very excited about trying this again!


And Voila! here's the finished product, design elements and all.


 IMG_6967a-pola



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments