Picnics.

By whattheharry - 9:38 AM

As of late I've been looking for ways to break up the mundane, to find another way to enjoy Mother Nature and to save a few bucks.  No matter where you turn these days, there is always an article on how to save money, to increase your savings and budgeting. 


I review my budget almost daily.  An obsesion I've had for quite some time.  I need to know where the funds are going.  So, the first thing to go is eating out.  This week alone, being on vacation and all, I've passed up three opportunities to go out to eat.  Instead I've learned to like picnics. 


On Monday evening, my nieces Sara + Megan and I dined in my parents backyard.  Friday for lunch, I dined at a riverside park in Naperville with my sister Sharon and her kids.  I was able to eat a healthy meal, under the shade of 40 year old trees and spend quality time with my family.  And, keep the expense minimal.  I will be doing more of these. 


Monday's dinner.  A game of clue was played afterwards ... Colonel Mustard in the Dining Room with the bat!
IMG_6788   


IMG_6794  


Friday lunch.  After lunch, we walked along the river bank and let the kids play in the water.
IMG_6861 


IMG_6863



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I haven't stopped thinking about blueberries since your blueberry-picking-post, and now I want to go on a picnic with mason jars full of lemonade. If only it would stop raining here...

    ReplyDelete