Summer fun.

By whattheharry - 10:32 AM

This morning, my sister Laura and I headed to Tammen Treeberry Farm along with half of Chicago, to pick fresh blueberries right off the shrub!  


I wasnt a big blueberry fan until a few years back.  As I was picking the plump blue berries off their branches I started envisioning blueberry pancakes, blueberry muffins, blueberry smoothies, frozen blueberries and blueberry jam.  All items I would have avoided years back.  I am now looking forward to all of it! 


The only thing about this experience that I found to be annoying were the polish people speaking.  Usually this doesnt bother me but when they are screaming for each other, 'P-A-U-L-I-N-A' several times with no response all the while shoving blueberries in their mouthsI found myself waiting to scream back 'W-H-E-R-E-A-R-E-Y-O-U-R-M-A-N-N-E-R-S-?-!'.  Then there was this woman on the other side of my shrub talking and shoving blueberries in her mouth, and then continue talking only for the blueberries to shoot out of her mouth back onto the shrubs.  


One rule, people.  Chew with your mouths closed.  And do not talk while you are chewing your food.  (Ok, that was two rules, but they do go hand-in-hand). 


IMG_6765 
*look at how cheap they are!!  I paid $4 for a small pint of blueberries at the store earlier this week.  Today, I walked away with 3LBS for $5!!


IMG_6769   


IMG_6771 


IMG_6774 


IMG_6776 


IMG_6777 


IMG_6781 
*the sole blueberry.  I felt bad for the little guy, so I picked him and ate him.  ;o)



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments