And it begins...Christmas 2009.

By whattheharry - 5:24 AM

Yesterday, as I as at my mother's for our annual Thanksgiving dinner (which is dinner part two, mind you!), I took a gander at these.


IMG_7284


Out of sheer fear of being trampled to death, Mom and I decided to only go to Target this morning.  But not until 9am.  The freebie shopping bag was gone in the first hour I heard.  In the two hours we were there, we ran into one too many floor displays with the cart, fought off people in the video game isle and were able to get most of the items on both of our lists. 


I had this Christmas shopping rage come over me briefly, I mean super brief when I was talking to a Target employee and were ever so rudely interrupted by some twirp of a woman wanting to brag about scoring the TV on special at 5am.  I think I shot her a look because she just stood there looking at me...my look must have said, 'A. you are interrupting me, and 2. WHO CARES you got the tv!'. 


I had plans to drive way up north to pick up the front door wreath.  Not wanting to spend 2.5 hours in the car, I surfed the net for a nursery that was willing to ship the boxwood wreath.  Sure enough, the second vendor I looked at had Free Shipping! and the wreath at about the same price as the local nursery.  Come to find out ... this online nursery is just next door in Michigan.  I am very excited for my new wreath!


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This year I want to enjoy Christmas as best as I can.  I want to make the magic come to life.  My plans are to document something each day of December.  I dont do holiday-ish things each day in December, but I want to celebrate something about December or Christmas each day.  Starting December 1st, I will be sharing with you what makes Christmas or December special to me.  I encourage you to do the same, take a small amount of time out of each day to cherish somthing about this time of year. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. WAIT! WHAT?! You're expecting? Congrats!! I haven't read any blogs in forever, I'm just getting back to it and SO EXCITED to read your news! Congratulations again. Now that is truly something to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete