Veteran's Day.

By whattheharry - 12:35 PM

I never really thought of my family as a military family.  Probably because I didnt have a parent in the military.  Though today, with it being Veteran's Day, I realize that we are a military family. 


It all started with my grandfather, a WW2 veteran.  Then it would be my dad attending military college.  My step-father was in the Air Force for some time.  And it moves on to my oldest sister marrying a man in the Army and my middle sister marrying a man in the Air Force.  My sister-in-law's father was a veteran of the Korean war (i think, i could be wrong..but he was in some war!). 


Currently my brother-in-law who is part of the Air Force is serving our country in Kuwait.  I can safely speak for the entire family that we are extremely proud of Geno, and are SO looking forward to his return. 


I had stopped by my mother's tonight to help her with her new picture scanner toy ... and I go into the entertainment center to grab a photo to use while learning this new toy.  It just happened to be this photo. (I literally grabbed the first photo at my fingertips)  How appropriate, my grandfather, or as the family calls him, Pop-pop, in his Army uniform shirt and hat.  He was SO proud. 


Happy Veteran's Day Pop-pop!
Pop-pop 
*circa 1994



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments