Getting to know you...

By whattheharry - 3:24 AM

Its a weird feeling to know that I am genetically linked to Max, yet I really dont know him yet.  Each day I learn more and more about him, but no one ever said that the first few weeks of motherhood would be 'getting to know your baby'.  I suppose I've read about it and heard about it, but it never sank in that it would really be happening.  Maybe I had expectations that I would know him, and that he would know me.  Maybe not.  But as each day goes by, I am more smitten by him than the day before.  I had a fleeting thought the other morning about 'going back to the way it was' ... and I immediately said I wouldnt trade Max for a single thing in this world.  He is here with me for rest of my life.  And that makes my heart swoon with happiness. 


My step-father has said on a couple of occasions now, that I got what I always wanted.  I am a mother, I have a child, the dream has come true.  Can you believe it?  I am still pinching myself.  And I am pretty damn proud of myself for grabbing this dream by the horns and doing what I had to do to make it come true.  That would be my advice to anyone, to Max, to all my nieces and nephews, if you want something so badly, and you know it in your heart, do whatever it takes to get it.  You wont regret it. 


Yesterday, Max and I took our first walk together.  It wasnt a long one, in fact I think it lasted all of ten minutes.  Today, we are going to try again.  We hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!


IMG_0230



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments