Four Weeks.

By whattheharry - 4:07 AM

4 weeks
*Grandma gave you the giant blue elephant, the day you were told you had a yellow-tint to you.  We love Mr. Blue Elephant.


Dear Max,


Today, Sunday May 30th, marks the 4th Sunday you've been in this world.  You are starting your fourth week of life.  The last three weeks has been a whirlwind of emotions for me and I am sure, you.  I believe we are getting there, into that groove of you and I, the team.  Each day I wake, and get to see you, my heart swoons.  I could stare at you all day long, without ever getting bored. 


You snore when you are sleeping, deeply. 


You've been sleeping on your stomach since the day you came home from the hospital.


You can hold your head up pretty steadily, and turn your head from side to side when doing tummy time.


You flex your feet when you are eating.


You raise your hands, as if declaring 'Hallelujiah!' when you are done eating, and getting ready to fall asleep. 


You hold your thumb between your fore and middle fingers when making a fist. 


You periodically make the 'Oh No!' face, and have been doing so since the day you were born ... probably something you did in the womb.


You like your schedule, just like Mom.  Eating every 3 to 4 hours, never deviating from this pattern.


You dont like having your clothes changed.


You really like looking at the black and white Art Cards, given to you by our friend Rich.


You enjoy listening to Mom sing, as tone-deaf as she is!


You enjoy listening to Mom read to you when you are in your 'quiet alert' state.


You hardly cry, only when you are mad or super hungry.  (and you stop immediately when Mom picks you up and soothes you).


These are just some of the fabulous and wonderful things you do.  I pinch myself every day to make sure I am not dreaming you are here and are for real.  You have brought so much happiness to my life, just being you.  I look forward to each day with you, learning new things about you and enjoying the things above.  I love you Max.  


Love, Mom



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So sweet! I'm happy to hear you two are settling in to each other so beautifully. Congrats again on your bundle of joy Mama.

    ReplyDelete