Happy Mother's Day.

By whattheharry - 1:14 AM

Right now, Max and I are doing a lot of this.
Bonding


Tomorrow is Mother's Day.  Up until last Sunday, Mother's Day always meant celebrating my mother.  We'd get flowers, plant, hang out, etc., just us.  I had NO idea the feelings for my mother to change like they have since I've become a mother.   


From all the parties she had for me, to all the frustrations I've caused her, to all the laughs we have together, she is one AMAZING mom.  And that was just for me.  She has three other children she did the same for.  I am so completely grateful for her to be here with me to share in this journey. 


I sit here on the couch most days, healing and learning, oh so learning, about this little guy.  One day he does one thing, the next something completely different.  He's a bit unpredictable right now, and for me, who really prefers things to be predictable and rountine, its making me a bit wacko.  If he were a talking child, or an adult, I can ask questions as to 'why you did that?' and get an answer.  Now, the only thing I'll get is a sqeek, a grunt or cry.  I guess I'll take that because each time I look at him, I cant believe my eyes.  He's here.  He's actually here in my arms in real life.  I am now a mother. 


Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers I know.  And Mom, especially Happy Mother's Day to you.  I love you. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments