12 Months.

By whattheharry - 10:24 PM

IMG_1690


Dear Max,


Here we are, one year later.  One full year of you and me.  I cannot believe we made it!  There were a few days during the year I thought I wasnt cut out to be a mother.  Though your smile and laugh calmed any fears I had.  This has been one of the hardest years of my life, but the most rewarding one of all.  I never thought I would experience such happiness.  And thanks to you, little boy, I do. 


You've transformed from infant to toddler in just a few weeks between eleven and twelve months. 


You grew about an inch in the month too. 


You now have two words in your vocabularly - I cant believe I am saying this! - mama and ball.  I dont know if you know that mama means me, but you only say it when you are upset or tired.  You say ball, when you pick up your favorite sensory balls. 


You are now an official walker.  You took a few steps in the eleventh month, but you started full-on walking on April 25th. 


You are fully transitioned to whole milk.  It was touch and go there for a while with the transition, but I think you've adjusted just fine.  You still get excited for the morning bottle, and you  havent tossed it aside when you realize its not formula. 


You are a very observant little boy.  When in new places, or unfamiliar places, you are very quiet and are looking all around, taking in every detail. 


You are close being done with baby food.  Though getting you to eat enough table food is still a challenge.  Your most recent favorite is Trader Joe's meatless corn dogs.  I dont buy corn dogs usually, but we had a sample at the store one day, and you inhaled it! 


You are finally allowing me to read to you before you go to bed.  Since about six months, you didnt want anything to do with books prior to bed.  Just this week, I've been able to hold you in my lap, while you drink your last bottle, and I can read a few books to you. 


I would say that is my favorite time of day with you, bedtime, but any time of day is my favorite time of day with you.  I am so blessed to be your mother.  I prayed for many many years for you, and I couldnt understand why it was taking so long.  When they say good things happen to those who wait, they surely mean it.  You, Max, are definitely a good thing. 


I love you so much!  Happy Birthday! 


Love, Mom


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I can't believe he is a year old already! He has turned from a cute baby into a totally adorable little boy!! :) Congrats Mama for making it through your first year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Max! You've gone from an adorable little baby boy to a handsome boy. Kudos to your mama for raising such a happy boy!

    ReplyDelete