Birthday Celebrations.

By whattheharry - 2:52 PM

The actual day of Max's birth, May 2nd.  He was sick with a fever, I was sick with a head cold and it was just an all around 'didnt go as I planned' day.  So when Max cried at the new gifts, stared at me funny as I sobbed 'Happy Birthday' and tossed his cupcake on the floor as soon as I put it on the tray, it was time to call it a day on the birthday. 


His party is this coming weekend.  As much as I want it to happen, as he deserves a birthday party, part of me just wants to move on and hope that his 2nd birthday will be much better. 


IMG_1717


Cupcake toss


IMG_1726*not exactly the best photo of me, but i wanted to capture max hiding behind me, afraid of the gifts.


IMG_1724*you can see he is starting to come around, though notice he still has one hand on my arm. 


IMG_1727*and after me playing with the aligator for about 5 minutes, he decided it was his turn.


Since Max was sick on Monday, he couldnt go to school.  We couldnt celebrate on the actual day.  But we made up for it on Friday. 


050611143500


050611143650


050611143717


050611143812


050611145051*he actually ate the store bought mini-cupcake, after a little help.  i wont take it personally he didnt want my homemade cupcake.  he'll learn in time they are MUCH better. 


As hard as the first birthday was, I am excited for this next phase.  He's been able to communicate with me on his likes and dislikes, though its still babbling, you can tell he is telling me something.  I love it.  I love him. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Happy Birthday, Max! Birthdays are exhausting for kids and mommies but the cupcakes, presents and (most of all) smiles make up for it. Many blessings for your second year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will make a good story one day to tell him of how on his 1st birthday he was afraid of the gifts! poor little guy!! ps I love the illustration of red arrow pointing to tossed cupcake! too funny! : )

    ReplyDelete