Freshly Squeezed Lemonade.

By whattheharry - 8:42 AM

Fresh lemonade


Lemonade is a summer staple around these parts.  For as long as I can remember there was always a pitcher of lemonade in the fridge during the summer months.  I believe my mother uses (or used) Country Time mix.  For me, whose tasted pretty much all lemonade items on the market and for a mix, its the next best to freshly squeezed. 


Today, I made my first ever batch of freshly squeezed lemonade and let me tell you.  Yum.O.  Just the right amount of lemon.  The right amount of sweet.  Perfect. 


I was calculating the costs of this drink while squeezing the lemons and at .48c apiece per lemon (of which I used 5), add a few extras for tax, water, sugar, etc...it's probably $2.75 for 5 cups of lemonade.  Fresh lemonade.  I am sure the Minute Maid premade lemonade is cheaper, but any tastier?  Not to my liking, thank you. 


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Recipe - found here at Lemonade Makin' Mama.
Dissolve 1 cup sugar in 1 cup water in saucepan (over low heat).
Bring to a boil, remove from heat and mix with 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice.
In separate pitcher, measure out 4 cups of water, add ice.
Pour lemon mixture into ice cold water.
Serve in glass with a lemon slice. 
Enjoy!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Look refreshing! Also love the glass it's in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious, I have an abundance of lemons, this will redeem our hot Summer day.

    ReplyDelete