The Three Musketeers.

By whattheharry - 2:57 PM

When I found out I was having a boy, and only 18 months after the twinkies, I was pretty excited that Max would have an opportunity to be close to his cousins.  My brother and sister-in-law were excited as well.  My family never lived near extended family - as in the same town, metropolitain area - for as long as I can remember.  So knowing that my brother is a short car ride away, makes the whole parenting / family thing that more richer. 


Every few weeks or so, Andrew, Kelly and I try to get together so not only can we see each other, but so the boys can spend time together.  Most recently was a couple of weeeks ago while my brother was in the Mackinac race.  Kelly and the boys came out this way and we basically chilled in the backyard.  And when I say 'chilled' we were no where near cool, as it was so stinking hot.  But the boys were able to enjoy the new crab pool and its sprouting feature. 


IMG_2157


Max was more interested in the spigot.


IMG_2158


I tried to lure him to the crab pool... why yes that would be a giant mosquito bite on his forehead. 


IMG_2159


The boys had some fun with the pool.


IMG_2160


IMG_2161


Then there was a case of  'invisible man' ... cant see them, can you??


IMG_2163


IMG_2165


IMG_2166


Whoa! There they are! 


IMG_2169


Wait! We're still missing one!


IMG_2170


As Kelly posted on Facebook - Rub a dub dub, three boys in a tub!  (we had to - they were all covered in sand!)


IMG_2175


These are the times I am thankful for modern technology and being able to capture these moments on virtual film.  I want Max, Charlie and Tyler to know these were good childhood memories.  Someday when they are older, they will see this here blog, or Kelly's photos and say, 'Geez Mom!'.  And that is when Kelly and I will high-five each other! 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. They all look like they're having the best time together! And I can't believe how big Max is getting... time is flying.
    I hope you're getting the picture of you and Max framed--- it's such a great shot! Mosquito bite and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that photo of them in the swim dipes at the top. I feel like that could totally make an appearance someday in a wedding slide show... :)

    ReplyDelete