Bad Cop.

By whattheharry - 1:24 AM

Angry-mom
image via


Lately I've been the Bad Cop.  I knew I would have to wear this hat, but not ALL. THE. TIME.  (Ok, in Max's defense he is not always misbehaving.)  I just feel now that he is moving more into a toddler, and less of an infant, the parenting job has taken a turn in a different direction. 


Stop biting.


Out of the bathroom cabinets.


Out of the kitchen cabinets.


Stop opening the drawers to Mommy's dresser.


Stop taking all of Mommy's shoes out of the boxes.


I know what I am doing is setting boundaries, teaching him right from wrong, good from bad.  But man, this is hard.  After Max's goes to bed, I've had little energy to do anything.  I've found recently I walk from his room to my room and flop into bed.  Only to wake up at midnight, go downstairs to do the dishes and pick-up.  Not a good pattern or routine to be in. 


Any of my mommy friends or family - Does this stage pass? If so, WHEN???  


I love this kid like crazy.  I know I need to discipline him.  I know I will not be one of his favorite people some day.    I just wish I had a crystal ball so that I could see my hard work paying off.  And that my frustrations will not rub off on him.  He's an overall genuine happy boy.  I'd like for it to stay that way. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. well, we are at 2.5 here and the "taking stuff out" stage has finally ended...but now she's really got a little violent streak that i'm not a fan of!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know EXACTLY what you mean. Been there, still do that. I wish I had great advice for you. All I can say, is you are doing the right thing setting limits. Max does love you and he knows you love him. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete