Morton Arboretum.

By whattheharry - 5:07 PM

Today, I used the last of my Groupon's for the Morton Arboretum.  I am so glad I had purchased these back in the Spring.  I was able to take Max a couple of times to check things out, enjoy nature and spend a couple of hours outside.  I am contemplating joining as a member so that we can go more often.  It is that cool! If for nothing else, to take our picnic blanket and just chill for a while. 


I mostly went to check out the children's garden.  Its pretty cool, however definitely geared for kids older than 16 months.  We still had fun though. 


Here we are helping at the water station. 
IMG_2366


IMG_2367


IMG_2369


Then as the bigger kids started to push and not share or wait their turn, we decided to leave and check out the Secret Stream. 
IMG_2371


I was surprised to see encouragement to get in the water.  I was a bit skeptical at first, but Max was putting up a stink and in he went!  He loved it!


IMG_2373


IMG_2377


Then we stopped for a snack. 
IMG_2389


Couldnt resist 'talking' on the phone to Grandma.
IMG_2394


Sometimes, a jaunt around the tree with snack in hand is necessary. IMG_2388


Lastly, on our way out, we stopped at the kiddie maze.  (Funny moment, earlier this summer Max and I joined our friend Rich here and we tried the big maze.  Needless to say, two adults - rather intelligent adults mind you - couldnt figure out the big maze to save our lives.  So what did we do?  We quit and went for ice cream instead!)
IMG_2402


IMG_2403


It was a good afternoon.  We enjoyed ourselves.  And the fresh air did a number on someone as he fell asleep on the way home.  Thank you Mother Nature!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. What is it with kids and water? Good for you for letting Max get wet, even though he had his clothes on! Looks like a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fun! We've never gone there as a family, just me with friends. It seems like there are a ton of kid-friendly activities! We are definitely going to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to take my boys here for two years now. Every time I Mapquest it and see the hour drive, I change my mind. Now I know it would be well worth it. (My library has free passes--I think) Thanks for sharing--it looks like Max had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete