Me + Pictures.

By whattheharry - 6:27 AM

A few weeks back, I read this article on Huffington Post about taking pictures of our kids and how most times we, us moms, are rarely in the picture. 

I love that there is a follow-up article to this as well, about how so many moms have started including themselves in the pictures.

When I look at all the pictures I take of Max and Theo, its about one out of 75 to 100 I am included.  And want to the know the first thing I do when I take a picture of us together, or someone takes a picture of us?  I immediately look at myself and start criticizing everything about me, all the things that I think are wrong. 

In some years from now, Max and Theo will look at all these pictures, and see me, and will only see their mother, which they will think is beautiful.  Just as I do now with pictures I see of my mother and her kids. 

So I have been taking the ridiculous self-portraits with the kids, that no matter which angle you try, its never a really good picture. 


Both were taken this past weekend during our trip to Colorado, where I scored that fabulous new hat!  It was a great visit and Max had a blast....to say the least.  He slept the entire flight home. 

Not the greatest picture of me, and as I type this all I can think about are my chins...but hopefully Max and Theo will appreciate these. 

So my assignment for everyone, include yourself in pictures.  Your family will appreciate it. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Such great pictures - you all look so happy :) I'm inspired---I know/hope Claire will appreciates it one day.

    ReplyDelete