Popcorn, Grandpa + some turning over, well almost.

By whattheharry - 9:01 PM

A house on my mother's street had an estate sale a couple of weeks ago.  I hated the feeling of walking through this person's house, looking at all their stuff that was up for sale.  But.  This homeowner was older and had moved into a retirement community recently, so many of the items in the house were dated.  Or 'vintage' if you please. 

I scored a high chair/stool - to be used in the kitchen, when feeding Theo or if I want to put the computer on the counter to work.  I also scored an electric popcorn popper.  Oh, yes.  And at $3.  (which was 50% off from the day before I bought it, so really even at $6, it was a steal!)




(everyone repeat after me, looking at the picture above, say, 'Hello Soltys!'. He certainly has many of the Soltys traits.)  

Let me tell you ... 1, there is nothing like fresh popped popcorn, like right out of the popper, 2. it provided much entertainment to Max who kept calling it 'bouncy corn', he absolutely loved it and 3, just the nostalgia it brings to pop some up ... ah...

(I just so happened to have those pop-corn boxes in the house -  have no clue where I got them and for what reason.)

The day Grandpa was leaving, I wanted to make sure I had a photo of him and the boys.  I think #3 is frame-worthy, dont you?
And lastly, Theo is starting to show signs of turning over.  Look at him putting his foot down and lifting.  Growing up so fast, I tell you. 


Cant have a blog post without a picture of that smile.  These two boys, drive me insane, literally, and I apologize to them for being crazy all the time but I would not have it any other way.  So I was doing dishes at 4am today, and I have Max sleeping next to me in my bed as I type this now at 11pm, its certainly not perfect, but we are happy.  And for the record, I like being happy. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments