DuPage County Fair.

By whattheharry - 7:47 PM

This past summer (yes I know this is WAY late...but I think about these ladies quite often) I took Max and Theo to the DuPage County Fair.  It was a rainy Thursday, Theo was just a few weeks old, Max insisted on walking but then later changed his mind.

Its a great place to take the kids, and I found the 'kid' section to be all age appropriate - meaning there was something for 2 to 12. 

What amazed me the most, was the size of these. 

I mean literally these cows were the size of my first car, a three-cylinder Subaru Justy (I loved that car).  Their names were Molly and Eunice.  They were there with their young.  Their job is to produce milk for us to drink, for cheese, and various other dairy products. 

So why am I thinking of them lately? I am not sure if its my age, the fact that I have two young boys (and I am thinking I need to buy one of these ladies to keep in my backyard, so we can have our fill of milk at any time!) or I have been appreciating the way things are made, and the more natural, the better. 

I'll go with 10% first reason, 40% second reason and the remainder the last reason.  My desire to have my own farm is probably pretty far fetched seeing I wont even get a dog because I dont want to be on poop patrol, but I can certainly feel my appreciation for supporting local farmers increase. 

I even splurged so Max could feed the goats. 
Then I took him to the kiddie milking tent, and taught him how to milk a cow (you know so he knows what to do when we bring Molly or Eunice home). 

 
Sometimes you just have to improvise...what started with Max insisting on walking, turned into this:


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments