Ok, enough Deep Thoughts.

By whattheharry - 7:08 AM

I dont really care to get too deep for too long.  It can be such a downer.  So I've said whats been on my mind this January, and I am done.  Its now February.  The month of love.  The month where serious cabin fever and the hibernation 15 sets in (you know those unwanted pounds we all gain during the winter months - oh wait, is that only me??). 

We've pretty much have had a mild winter, which is a bit surprising considering the sweltering summer we had.  Or maybe that is how it works, one brutal season, one mild season.  Who knows.  Anyway, I've had to stop listening to the news on the radio (because we know I dont watch it) as I didnt want to hear about the drought.  Even in the winter we are still experiencing drought-like conditions.  Then a friend at work told me they are going to shut down the Mississippi River because the water is too low for the barges to make it through.  I panicked.  And then I prayed really hard for snow.  I had a bye week on the regular family, health, happiness prayers and all I asked for was precipitation. 

Wouldnt you know we've had quite the week of precipitation and from the looks of it it could possibly continue. 

Last Friday morning:



How great was this moment? I was so late for work, but totally worth it.  It was a bit of a hassle getting him outside - it wasnt bitter cold, I still wasnt ready to leave just yet - so I basically picked him up, carried him to the edge of the garage, handed him the shovel and said, 'play! shovel the snow for mama!', showed him how to do it quickly and then ran back in the house.  I come out to check on him and he was still standing there just looking at the snow.  I said more encouraging words to him and then went back inside.  Came out again to check on him and load stuff into the car, and voila! The dude was all over the driveway.  He was in love.  He cried when it was time to go.  I promised we would play when we got home that night and we did.  My boy is a snow-lover, just like his mama.  Yay!

And a bigger Yay!, though not so much for the temps, the forecast.

Thank you Mother Nature for answering my prayers.  Keep it coming!!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments