Potty Training 101.

By whattheharry - 8:18 AM

And so here I am, or here we are.  Max and I doing what I like to call the Potty Training Dance.  He’s been doing okay, not anywhere near the finish line and don’t expect to be for a couple more months.  But I can say, being in the Two’s classroom at school, seeing all the other boys use the toilet and their cool underpants has definitely motivated this two year old. 

He’s gone three days at school where he’s had no accidents and when I pick him up at the end of the day he is wearing the same underwear and pants as when I left him.  (he even went a morning commute without an accident!)

I was given a ‘talk’ by Max’s teacher, Miss Kelsey.  It was a heart-to-heart really.  She said no more jeans, only elastic waist pants.  I was appalled at first, but knew it had to be done.  You see we are family that gets dressed, we don’t wear sweatpants as an outfit.  We wear nice clothes, we look nice, we take pride in our appearance.  I will put the blame on my grandfather – he who wore a shirt and tie to cut the grass (there is picture proof!).  He had more pride than I think Elizabeth Bennett did in Pride and Prejudice.  But you know what, its trickled-down to this generation and I am perfectly okay with it.  I know soon I will have to renounce my throne of what the boys will wear, but until then I am going to enjoy this. 

So to help with potty training confidence for Max, I will agree to elastic waist pants, but I will not forgo our dress code. 

Miss Kelsey, here are your elastic waist pants (who says sewing for boys cant be fun??)…




Growing up too fast, I tell ya. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Details:
Pattern : pants
Inspiration for the rear : AMH Quick Change Trouser
Material : Both from JoAnn's - camo corduroy + bike dot flannel
**probably could have moved the back yoke up another inch... next pair...**

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Those are awesome! (My potty training guy wears sweatpants sometimes, but I buy the elastic waist jeans whenever and wherever I can find them.)

    ReplyDelete