Zucchini Carrot Bread.

By whattheharry - 7:18 AM

The other day a co-worker was at my desk and says, 'I have three goals this year ...' and then names off exactly what she wanted to do in 2013.  Struck a chord with me - forced me to think of my personal 2013 goals. 

One of them I know for sure is the obviously - spend time living Summer.  I want scruffed up knees, sticky hands and fingers.  I want golden skin tones from just being outside.  I want towels that smell like chlorine.  I want to know on Labor Day as we close out the summer that we had an awesome time. 

Another goal is to actually make a goal and stick to it.  Elise had a 40 Loaves project.  I am not sure I want to be that committed to a project, but I certainly want to hone up on my bread making skills (those that do not require a bread machine - though it does make it SO much easier!). 

Last night was a first.  A first bread of the project, and a first bread in the crock-pot.  Yes, I said a bread made in a crock-pot.  Its a bit dense but I believe its to be from the whole wheat flour used and not just plain all-purpose flour.  Also, I didnt use my mixer as I followed the recipe exactly.  If I were to make this again, definitely using my mixer. 

Overall, it is pretty tasty.  (and I am eating veggies too!! I'm so sneaky!  oy.)



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments