May Yarn Along.

By whattheharry - 11:44 AM


This is my first ever yarn along, or link to another blogger.  Not sure why I am compelled to do this now, when I've been knitting and reading for years. Maybe its the quarantine. Maybe its I am finally challenging myself to do things that I've always said I would do, and of course somehow never do them.

I am knitting the Lovely Leaf Shawl, in a deep navy and cream, with the border in green. All yarn is from Knit Picks.  I wish I had resources locally for handspun yarn.  I might have to drive into Wisconsin or Michigan one of these days. 

I have started reading A Man Called Ove. I have no recommendations on it because I literally just opened the book last night.  My sister-in-law gave it to me when cleaning out her recently read books, said it was really good.

I am starting to appreciate this time at home.  I know its not without stress, I can attest to that, but we had such a full schedule before the pandemic.  We are all adjusting.  And my knitting is helping quite nicely. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Nothing wrong with KnitPicks! I source a lot of my yarn from them, and have been generally happy with it. I like yarn.com as well, for a few particular lines of yarn like Malabrigo, or some of their in-house yarns. Quince and Co is also gorgeous and lovely, as is o-wool (probably you know of these already, but it took me a while to discover all these other sources, so over-sharing now!)

    Shawl looks lovely! Haven't read that book, but heard good things. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just started Beartown by the same author. I hope you enjoy your book!

    ReplyDelete