Mother's Day 2020.

By whattheharry - 9:56 AM






This year it was a nice quiet Mother's Day around here.  We had a lazy morning, and then had a nice lunch with my mother and step-father.  We practiced social distancing, but its the good-bye hugs and kisses that are missing. 

On Saturday, the boys were willingly participants in digging up the yard to make the garden plot.  They especially loved the part where they could use the shovel and hoe.  I have to remind myself to allow them to use these tools, as they will need to know how one day and they are old enough now to do the work.  It is a small area of the yard, but starting from scratch makes it seem like a big project.  Having the boys with me and helping sure made it seem so much easier.  (i know this isnt a new concept at all, but its been only me for so long that I forget what teamwork is like.)

The gift I had ordered for Grandma didnt arrive in time so I had to come up with something else to give her, and trying to stick to my budget, I got creative.  I made mini bundt cakes - lemon with cream cheese glaze frosting.  I am pretty proud of myself at how they turned out.  (ive had those little bee candies in the house probably for year ... just had to have them!)

I packaged them up nicely and delivered them to my Mom Village, you know those moms you rely on for picking up kids, watching kids, schoolwork bitching, etc.  A simple thank you gesture for them. 

The creativity resurgence during the quarantine has been a bit surprising.  But I am embracing it. And I am pleased with the results. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments