Yard Walk-a-bout + Birthday Parade

By whattheharry - 9:29 AM








One weekend in May, I took a walk-a-bout in my yard.  I think I do it every day to watch the progress of all the work I have put into this yard, to see the flowers bloom.  I was surprised to find the oh-so-petite pink geraniums.  Those are brand new this year, and I did not plant those, so my guess is that they were once planted by a previous owner and with all the trees and weeds taking over they went dormant.  Now that I am clearing things out, they have a chance to bloom.  Oh so pretty.  

My wildflowers are coming back this year.  So happy about that.  I keep watching each and every day to see what will appear, so far its only these pretty orange ones.  I am happy. 

My neighbor next door is who I call, Old Man.  He is never outside, and when we do see him he grunts at us.  I noticed last summer his peony shrubs.  I also noticed he is NEVER in his backyard.  So this one particular walk-a-bout, I launched Max over the fence with clippers and voila! A beautiful bouquet for me.  

Right after we committed the crime, we had to line up for a birthday parade.  So fun!  Wish I did something like this for the boys.  Next year.  We put out our sign, drove slowly past Owen's house, Theo was hanging out the window, I was beeping the horn and yelling Happy Birthday! 

And Max kept saying, I hope I dont get recognized.  Oh the joys of a pre-pubescent pre-pre-teen.  

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments