Twelve, a photo project.

By whattheharry - 2:40 PM

Jan violet*violet, january 2011.


I am fond of my camera, and taking photos.  I do real well with capturing life in the moment, when there is no pressure of others around me.  (unlike the Santa event this past holiday season, I completely freaked out and could not get my brand new camera to focus.)  Its been a bit hard to remember to pull out the camera and document since Max arrived.  I believe I've been doing an okay job at it.  But that isnt good enough for me. 


I had stumbled upon a photography project, called Twelve.  A blogger had designed this free project on Flickr.  Each month she provides inspiration to the group and we are to capture how we define or interpret the inspiration.  I signed up after I read the details, and realized this is perfect for me.  Just enough commitment required, but all the inspiration in the world.   


For the first month, January, the inspiration word is Wish.  The inspiration colors are Violet, White


Tonight when I was feeding Max his dinner, I noticed I used a purple bowl and spoon (normally our dishes and utensils never match!).  Max loves being able to play with the bowl and spoon when he is done eating (a ritual that developed naturally), except for tonight.  He wanted to basically feed himself, grabbing for the spoon each time and then grabbing for the bowl. 


Not that this is news to anyone, but dinnertime is one of my favorite times of day (atleast Monday thru Friday).  Its the time where Max and I get to be together, 'talking' about our day with no distractions.  This is the time I get to be Mommy, after being Systems Analyst all day. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm so glad you've decided to participate in Twelve. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with and this is the perfect picture to start with. :)
    have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete