Weekend Naptime Ritual.

By whattheharry - 1:35 AM

Read


Starting this weekend, I've implemented a new naptime ritual.  Reading.  I used to read all the time before Max.  I've read two books, simple all fluff books since Max, and all I can say is that I miss my books.  So instead of cleaning up after Max or the kitchen or taking a shower, the AM naps will be spent reading. 


To jump start my reading I had to pick up something super light, cheesy and easy peasy to read.  This will allow me and my brain to get used to the idea of reading again.  And in a few months I'll be back to my heavy, non-fiction pieces. 


I think I used to read anywhere from 10 to 15 books a year.  That might not seem like a lot, or it might, but it was my average.  This year, my goal is one book a month.  Obviously, starting with the one above.  (if you  havent noticed, the Reading side bar section has had the same book for almost a year now.  I will finish that book this year!)


Do you have any favorite books?  Any highly recommended? 


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Want to join me on this quest?  I would love to hear what book(s) you are planning to read or are reading.  You can also 'friend' me at Goodreads.  A great website to use to share recommendations and reading lists.  Hope to see you there!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Such a great idea! As the reality of my pregnancy sinks in, I'm writing down all pieces of advice--including this one.
    I just started reading The Shadow of the Wind. It was a Christmas present from a friend who said it was her favorite book. I'll definitely let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I too made the change to reading during naptime instead of cleaning up, etc. when the boys were at 2 naps a day. You gotta recharge your battery! I am just starting The Hunger Games which is a popular teen book series but I know adults also love too. I'll keep you posted...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunger Games is wicked. Also I suggest the Sookie Stackhouse series. It's like a supernatural mystery/syfi. I love the series.

    ReplyDelete