End of chapter.

By whattheharry - 10:26 PM

End of chapter


I'm home now.  Been home for close to 36 hours.  I love it.  I love being with Max.  I love getting to experience our nighttime routine.  I love getting to feed him, to hug him, to hold him (even in the urgent care as soon as I got home).  I missed him more than I knew. 


When I was in Budapest, I felt empty inside.  I felt like I was putting in half the effort I should have (though I still gave 110% as always to my job).  However, I knew being there wasnt where I was suppose to be. 


Before Max was born, I spent about three years traveling the world for work.  I loved it.  LOVED.  I would get so excited to get to the airport, get on the plane, and head off to another country, other side of the world, on the other side of the equator!  I loved setting off on foot to see the sights of the new places.  I loved getting to experience new foods and cultures.  I loved meeting new people.  Coming home some times was a drag for me. 


This time, this trip, was the complete opposite.  I had no desire to see the city of Budapest.  I had no desire to go shopping.  I had no desire to socialize with any one from the office (though I did get to see a co-worker who just had a beautiful baby girl, so happy for her!).  My heart wanted to be home with Max.  When I was walking around Budapest last Saturday, enjoying the sites as much as I could, I realized this isnt who I am anymore.  I am not the world traveler.  I am not the sightseer.  I am not the social butterfly. 


I am a mom to a beautiful little boy.  I am Mom to Max. 


The Travel chapter of my life is over.  And I am not at all sad about it because the Mom chapter is way more exciting and rewarding than any travel could ever be. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments