Random Thoughts (its a long one...).

By whattheharry - 3:08 PM

Today is Easter Sunday.  First Easter with Max.  Not sure if its me still feeling like I need to 'catch-up' from when I was traveling, but I wasnt all that thrilled about this holiday.  (in its defense, it is ranked #3, after Christmas and Halloween)


I did get Max an Easter basket, and filled it with goodies.  He seemed to enjoy the plastic eggs.  I had left them empty because really, what do you put in a plastic egg for a one year old??  Yes, ONE YEAR.  Will get to that further on.  I did put a few m&m's in one for him to shake around.  He loved it!


IMG_1662


We met up with Grandma + Ginga at church.  They had the full adult choir today at mass.  They were loud, and beautiful.  As they sang the procession song, I realized today is a BIG day in the religious world.  Yes, I always knew it was a big day.  As an adult, now with a child, I felt the 'hugeness' of the day.  All the flowers on the altar, the flowers wrapped around the cross (the one on a stick the altar boy carries).  I am happy I have a faith.  I am happy I get to share it with Max.


After church, we went to Grandma's to hang out for a bit before heading out for lunch/dinner.  Apparently Max was hungry.  Or teething.  Or just learning what the coffee table is by touch.  (I was told by his teachers Max is a sensory learner, uses the senses to learn.)


IMG_1666


I love him.


Today is also my brother's birthday.  We celebrated with a visit to the boat shop at Bass Pro.  Why not?  If for nothing else, the boys - twinkies + Max - enjoyed it.  (And its official, Mr. Right is now required to have a boat.)


IMG_1629


IMG_1636


IMG_1638


One year ago today, I was 37 weeks pregnant and was DONE with being pregnant.  I was a nervous wreck about becoming a parent.  I was CLUELESS of the changes that were coming.  One year ago next Sunday, a dream that I had carried with me for as long as I can remember finally came true.  When they say, 'be careful what you wish for...', or 'miracles do happen', or 'dreams do come true', they really mean it.  They arent telling lies. 


My life has changed so much in the last year.  Starting with the obvious addition of Max, but also what he has brought to my life.  I am a much happier person now.  I am a much healthier person (mentally, emotionally and getting there physically).  A fellow-blogger friend is on the fence about becoming a single mother.  She is in what they call the 'thinking' stage.  She has all the same questions and thoughts and feelings I had prior to Max.  I just want to go to wherever she is, give her a big hug and say, 'its more than you ever imagined!'.  Because at the end of each day, you get to hang out with your kid(s) and be goofballs...


IMG_1618


and have help with the laundry...


IMG_1625


and know that sitting on a boat you know you can never afford, in a boat shop on a Saturday night is SO much better than being on a date with Mr. SO Wrong. 


IMG_1645


Today, I also learned the true colors of a few people.  And this is what I take away from it (see above about how Max has changed my life), I dont want Max to associate with people like this, nor do I want him to learn their negative behaviors.  So to be a good role model for Max, I am choosing to treat these people differently, still with respect, but different.  Change.  Its not always your enemy, sometimes you are better friends with it than you know. 


And that is it ...



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. It is great to hear and see how wonderful this has turned out for you! I hope I will have an adorable laundry helper someday too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Max is almost a year old! I've really enjoyed watching him grow up! I'm so glad you found me...or I found you...or however that works! As for your last paragraph...that totally aggravates me. I'm so sorry you have to deal with those types of people, but your attitude regarding it all is great. :)

    ReplyDelete