I heart Grandma.

By whattheharry - 3:59 PM

Tonight I went through this binder full of my grandmother's knitting and crochet patterns.  All of the patterns are from 1950s + 1960s - they are awesome!  The pictures in some of the books are awesome!  Can make one nostalgic for an era that she didnt even exist in! 


Heart3


I was given this binder when we moved my grandmother from her house to an assisted living center.  I never really took a look at the contents until tonight when I thought to make something for Max.  As soon as I opened it, there was a very familiar smell that all of my cousins if they were to close their eyes and recall being at Grandma's house, they would smell it too.  It was her smell.  Her house smell.  What a warm warm feeling it brought to me.  I then cried a bit because I miss her. 


And when I found this, I cried a little bit more.  Grandma's are just SO special.  I cannot describe it, but its just an amazing feeling as a person to have known a grandmother.  Especially one who loved each and every one of her grandkids more than anything. 


Hearat2


And this is why my grandmother was an extraordinary woman.  She saved this given to her by my Aunt Dorothy.  Though it was something simple, it had a lot of meaning in it and she wanted to cherish it(that, or she's a pack rat and didnt throw anything away!). 


Heart1


I miss my grandma, especially on days like today when I find things like this and when I could use a little pick-me-up. 


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dear Aunt Dorothy - or her children - if you want this item, let me know and I'll drop it in the mail.  Love, Melissa



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments