The Creative Side.

By whattheharry - 2:55 AM

Lately, its been all about Max here. Rightfully so as my life is all about Max. And I would not want it any other way.  However, I totally get it when women say, ‘I’ve lost me, and am only good for wiping noses, butts, hands and picking up after little people’.  Because in part, that statement is true. When I am not at work, I am knee deep in that statement. 

I’ve always had a creative side to me – wanting to create – whatever it may be. I used to get all caught up in the ‘how much money will this hobby cost, and how can I recoup that money’ mindset. Since having Max, that creative side has been on sabbatical. Earlier this summer, it started making its appearance again and I’m loving it. 

Seeing school has started, and its nearing the end of Summer, I have been thinking about hats, scarves, knitting. I am in the process of going through Max’s clothes. He needs warm clothes for the upcoming fall and winter seasons. Trying to keep costs down, and feed my creative side, I thought I could make a few items.  

Also, with the exception of Carters, there is nothing cute on the market for boys. Boys does not equal Boring, people. 

I’ve been doing a lot of surfing late at night trying to find ideas. And here are a few I will be attempting over the next few weeks (I’ll be sharing the process):








All photos / ideas / patterns from Made.

So I am off to the thrift store today to look for mens sweaters and shirts to ‘refashion’. Hopefully I’ll stick to my budget and not walk out having to hitch a trailer to the car!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I totally get that need for Creativity! These look like interesting projects to tackle and if you get something useful for Mr. Max plus a creative outlet for you, Well. that's an awesome Win/Win! Can't wait to see how it all turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete