Happy New Year!

By whattheharry - 5:58 AM

Happy New Year everyone!  Hope you enjoyed your celebration and are looking forward to the *new* year and what it can bring.

I have been reflecting on 2011 over the last couple of days, and I have no strong feelings about the year - good or bad - just surprised it went so fast. 

2012 is going to be a year of change for us - both Max and I - moreso for me.  I have the following happening in 2012:

-new household budget, starting Jan 1st.
-new job at work, starting Jan 3rd.
-newly minted toddler in household, has already started, but see it will get more abundant soon.
-new baby, starting around May 30th.
-new life as a mom to two kids, starting around May 30th.

So when I witnessed this yesterday, as I was in the midst of doing the weekly chores, I couldnt help but think, what will life be like on Jan 1st 2013?  Will I still find the greatest amount of joy I've ever had in my kids?  Will I be an effective mother, raising her kids right?  (obviously by letting them jump on my bed, isnt going to add points to that counter, but when you hear the giggles Max lets out during this exercise I'll let him jump on the bed everyday.)

I'm going to miss it being just me and Max, but I know how much Max enjoys other kids company (though they dont play 'together', he just adores his cousins), and so having 'partner in crime' will definitely make his life more enjoyable. 

During my reflections I had a thought about not having Max, and I am sorry I wasted that milisecond on that thought, because life is *so* much better with Max.  I am blessed with the giggles seen in this picture - so wish I had a working video camera! 

So Happy New Year again everyone! Looking forward to 2012! 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments